We create next-generation databases and analytics software which allow organizations to answer questions, regardless of where the data resides or where the user is. You must enjoy working on difficult problems, be comfortable talking to customers, and most importantly of all, be entrepreneurial.
- Market salary + generous equity (we’re serious and need the best)
- Laundry and wash-and-fold twice a week
- Lunch and dinners
- Gym membership
- Flexible hours and vacation time
- Any computer setup you want
- Full health, vision, and dental
- We’ll relocate you to the Bay Area!
- New office, with BBQ and outdoor patio
Developer: UX/Frontend EngineerYou'll be responsible for creating next generation visualizations and user interfaces.
- Creating user interfaces in EXT GWT
- Connecting user interfaces to the backend Java Enterprise server
- Have a solid Computer Science background
- Comfortable with Java and EXT GWT
- Have solid frontend experience, creating a usable application from start to finish
- Understand how to manipulate data to populate your custom visualizations
Developer: Backend EngineerYou'll be responsible creating the database that connects databases.
- Expanding and creating our core technology, including metadata abstractions, join logic, speed optimizations, and more
- Design and implement completely new functionality
- Solid Computer Science and Algorithm skills
- Exceptional Java or C++ skills
- Must be comfortable learning new technologies
- Demonstrated ability to create a system from design through implementation
Customer Solutions: AssociateYou'll be responsible for managing customers and making them successful.
- Own the deployment process and get the customers live with Comprehend Systems
- Engage with customers to project manage, gather business requirements, and execute on them
- Create proof of concepts for potential customers and be able to demo our software's features and capabilities according to their needs
- Translate and prioritize requests into new product features for engineering team
- Experience in data integration, reporting, and analytics
- Ability to write complex SQLs to extract and pivot data for analysis
- Loves interacting with customers on a daily basis
- Comfortable with one or more reporting tools or ETL
- Experience in life science or clinical trial management is highly desirable
Sales: Lead GenerationYou'll be responsible for creating and qualifying leads to fill the pipeline.
- Make regular calls to develop relationships and follow up on leads
- Qualify opportunities by understanding client needs, and determining whether or not that fits into our product offering.
- Achieve monthly and quarterly goals
- Provide market research to management
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field, or equivalent experience
- Technical background a plus, since you need to understand our customer's requirements and how our product can fit in
- Three or more years inside sales experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent relationship-building skills
Developer: Quality Assurance/TesterYou'll be responsible for creating and maintaining tests, communicating with customers, and helping ensure that the overall quality of our products.
- Creating and maintaining automated and unit tests
- Creating, maintaining, and improving our overall quality processes and testing methodologies
- Helping to find and prevent problems that could affect production customers
- Solid Computer Science background
- Attention to detail and a desire to make the best and most powerful product possible
- Demonstrated ability to get along with people, including customers and other developers.
Why work at Comprehend Systems?
Improve the world
Our first product directly helps bring new cures and treatments to the market faster and safer. You will directly help save lives, potentially even your own (one of our investors actually helped get a drug approved that he now takes daily).
We’re creating the future of how companies and people extract answers from data, which will drastically benefit every industry. Once we solve the problem for clinical trials, we’re going to solve this problem universally!
At Comprehend Systems, we are a tight-knit group of can-do engineers, with experience in both large and small companies. We have one guiding principle that all members of our team follow: “no ego”. If you don’t understand something, simply ask and we’ll help. We’ll do the same. We’re all on the same team, let’s help each other as best we can.
We want all of our employees to be fully invested in the success of our company. Because of this, we’re offering generous equity stakes to all employees.
We’re a well-funded Silicon Valley startup. If you have ambitions about one day starting your own company, we can help. Come work with us and learn about startups from the inside.
We offer competitive salaries for exceptional engineers, health insurance, vision, dental, gym memberships, flexible vacation time, and meals. We’re looking for self-motivated individuals who do what they say they’re going to do. Because of this, we strive to create a work environment that’s very accommodating.
Because our software is Java-based, our engineers are welcome to use any platform they want: Linux, OS X, Windows, etc.